To each and every engagement, we bring our experience and technical expertise along with our commitment to safety, quality and the environment.
The safety and wellbeing of our employees and all those who may be affected by our activities is imperative and there can be no compromises with safety.
Electrix New Zealand consistently achieves tertiary (top) level member status of the NZ Accident Compensation Corporation's (ACC) Partnership Programme.
Electrix consistently achieves certification to the AS/NZS 4801 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Standards.
We take our environmental responsibilities seriously, actively promoting the protection of the environment and providing for an organisational culture of environmental awareness and sustainability.
Quality comes from our technical capability, the commitment we make to our customers and our comprehensive management systems.
Home without Harm - Everyone Everyday
Health & Safety
Electrix is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our employees and all those who may be affected by our activities.
Electrix recognises that every employee is entitled to a working environment that is, as far as practicable, safe and without risk to health. Electrix also recognises the personal, social and business benefits of an effective rehabilitation program.
In particular terms Electrix is committed to:
- Providing adequate resources to prevent accidents and to strive to continually improve occupational health, safety and rehabilitation.
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at eliminating work related injury and illness.
- Ensuring management at all levels are competent in health and safety management and regard health, safety and rehabilitation at the workplace as their highest priorities.
- Providing employees with adequate training, information and instruction on the hazards associated with their work and safe techniques for performing the job.
- Having every employee contribute to the important and responsible role of incident prevention.
- Providing safe plant, equipment and systems of work.
- Ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and industry standards.
- Ensuring workplace rehabilitation is commenced as soon as practicable, in accordance with medical advice and the individual needs of the employee.
- Ensuring as far as practicable that suitable duties are made available to injured workers to facilitate their safe and early return to the workplace.
- Consultation with employees to ensure that Occupational Health Safety and Rehabilitation Plans, Policies and Procedures operate effectively.
Our company actively promotes the protection of the environment and always aims to provide an organisational culture of environmental awareness, sustainability, innovation and excellence.
Electrix is certified to the AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems Standard and use standard processes to identify significant environmental aspects and eliminate or mitigate any detrimental impacts on the environment.
In addition to maintaining certification to this internationally recognised standard, we are also participating in initiatives such as the Green Building Code in New Zealand to promote energy efficient building standards, to offset our carbon emissions. Our employees are actively encouraged to have concern for the overall environmental effects of their performance and to engage in responsible and ethical management of our environmental programmes, including compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
We recognise that we cannot operate in an environment that is not sustainable and we are committed to further reducing our environmental impact in order to create a sustainable business environment.
As a service orientated and customer focused company, our commitment to quality is second to none. This means that our services always aim to ensure customer satisfaction - first time, every time.
Electrix consistently achieves certification to the AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems Standard and the fact that we have a strong track record in quality work is as much about our attitude as about our comprehensive range of processes and programs.
A continuous improvement programme is an integral part of our quality management system. In addition to the regular reviews of our processes and workmanship we use an independent client review process to further assist us with the measurement of customer satisfaction and the identification of key areas for improvement.
For our employees, quality is more than just "getting it right the first time". It is an attitude that consistently and fundamentally ensures ongoing success.