The top trainees and trainers in New Zealand’s electricity and telecommunications industry were recognised at the Connexis Annual Connection Excellence Awards in Hamilton mid-September.
The awards evening was the final event in the annual weeklong showcase of the best and brightest within New Zealand’s electricity supply industry. The seven winners were chosen from 13 finalists in several categories representing the electricity and telecommunications industry around the country.
Chief Executive Peter Benfell of Connexis, the Industry Training Organisation for the electricity supply and telecommunications industry which hosts the event, says the awards celebrate the achievements of the best talent in the industry that keeps New Zealand powered and connected
Electrix Winners of the Connexis Annual Connection Excellence Awards 2017 are as follows:
- Advanced Trainee of the Year: Glenn Earley, Invercargill
- Contribution to Industry Training: Darran Mumford, Auckland
- Winner of the Cable Jointers competition: Ruan Naude, Auckland
- Winner of the Line Mechanics competition: Jono Vellekoop, Gareth Beard, Ryan Elsmore, Brad Pirie and Andre Sapiatzer, Auckland
- Ross Archer (best trainee award): Andre Sapiatzer, Auckland